sarah jane in new york city

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Just a Note

My first official day as a teacher - no too bad, still excited, still overwhelmed. I really can't wait until Thursday; I think much of the pressure/nerves will be gone after I final meet my students. I met my co-teacher in the bilingual class and he is a great guy. Mr. De la Rosa has taught in the building for years and has excellent classroom management (something about slamming desks on the floor the first day seems to keep the kids in line). He said he would be happy to help me at any time. It's wonderful to have so many supportive people working with me.
I had a chance to chat with Lauren this evening and it made me feel a thousand times better. She is such a competent and hard worker and yet she knows exactly what I'm talking about when I say, "I have no idea what I'm doing." One of her sugar glider has been sick, so she and Garrett have had a rough weekend. I wish I could be there with her. Somehow, I think I am.
Well, I probably won't write more until the weekend. Like I said, just a note.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home