No more tests
Yesterday, at 3:30 p.m., I finished my final exams for the last time of my undergraduate career. Despite the anti-climatic element of the whole event, everything went quite well. I spent the first part of the evening visiting with many friends I had made my junior year while working as Community Leader in the residence halls. It was great to see about fifteen girls packed into one apartment reminiscing over their experiences on my hall last year. After that I ended up staying up until 3 a.m. helping my roommate Andrea with all her packing. We made a trip to her storage unit at 2:00, and then sat around talking for a while. I'm glad that I got to know her better in the last few weeks. She really is a fun person to be around most of the time. Now she's off to Alabama and I'm here waiting out the final days until graduation.
I spent my morning finishing the book One day, all children . . . by Wendy Kopp, the founder and president of Teach For America. I'm glad I read it because I have a much better understanding of how the program began and continues to function at the national level. It is clear that the first years of establishing this now thriving organization were very difficult, especially where finances are concerned. I most enjoyed the last few chapters where she told stories about corps members' experiences. Everyday I have a better idea of what a great challenge this new job will be and everyday I am more inspired to move forward with great expectations.
My family, grandparents, mom, dad, friend, and brother, will soon be descending on Waco in order to help me celebrate the wonderful occasion of graduation. I am looking forward to lots of hugs, laughs, and, perhaps, a bit of crying. As it stands, I will never again take a test at Baylor, but I must admit that I will be taking many more tests in the future. Now that college is over, it's time to start studying for teacher certification exams, of which the first one I will take is on June 25th in New York City. Until then, at least, no more tests.
I spent my morning finishing the book One day, all children . . . by Wendy Kopp, the founder and president of Teach For America. I'm glad I read it because I have a much better understanding of how the program began and continues to function at the national level. It is clear that the first years of establishing this now thriving organization were very difficult, especially where finances are concerned. I most enjoyed the last few chapters where she told stories about corps members' experiences. Everyday I have a better idea of what a great challenge this new job will be and everyday I am more inspired to move forward with great expectations.
My family, grandparents, mom, dad, friend, and brother, will soon be descending on Waco in order to help me celebrate the wonderful occasion of graduation. I am looking forward to lots of hugs, laughs, and, perhaps, a bit of crying. As it stands, I will never again take a test at Baylor, but I must admit that I will be taking many more tests in the future. Now that college is over, it's time to start studying for teacher certification exams, of which the first one I will take is on June 25th in New York City. Until then, at least, no more tests.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home